Ticker: PPL, Buy below $28.
PPL Corporation is an utility serving electricity to customers in US and Great Britain.
Why I Would Buy
- Defensive Buy – Diversified, good quality utility, a defensive play during a coronavirus meltdown.
- Dividend – 5%+ dividend.
- Investment Grade Ratings – PPL long term debt is rated BBB/A- by leading rating agencies.
- Return on Equity: 10+% returns on equity annually for most of last decade.
What Could Go Wrong
- Not A Screaming Bargain – Even with the crash, PPL is trading at 14 times earnings.
- Expanding Sharecount – Float has doubled in the past decade.
Disclosure: I am long PPL, please read additional disclosures here before taking any action based on this post.