Broad principles that drive content on this site:
- Every month between 1 to 2 securities will be mentioned here, these are ideas an investor can use as a starting point for his research.
- The intention here is not to provide detailed analysis for any of these securities, just a listing of potential upside and downsides along with a reasonable entry point.
- The overriding aspiration here is to identify securities that are trading at or below intrinsic value.
- The securities mentioned here may be issued by foreign companies and could therefore be illiquid.
- Similar to ownership interests in a farmland, restaurant, or a car wash, common equities are to be approached as long term holdings (to be held for a decade or more).
- I like to collect some of the “owner’s earnings” periodically — all the equities listed here pay a dividend, albeit it may be a small one.
- Finally, it needs to be remembered that common equities are fractional ownership interests in a company, they are not mere ticker symbols whose price movements are to be traded upon.
An unrelated pitch: if you have a high school student looking for part-time jobs and needs help with resume creation, I would highly recommend this site, it offers several high school resume templates —