MonthlyStockIdeas.com is based upon the following guiding principles
- Common stocks are not just trading tickers, they represent fractional ownership interests in actual businesses.
- We believe in behaving like business owners when buying a stock.
- We are hoping to buy stocks below the actual their worth and hold on to it forever.
- We are biased towards dividend paying stocks.
- We believe in “taking some money off the table” i.e. some of the earnings of the company needs to be collected by owners of the company via dividends.
- Return-of-equity (RoE) is the favorite metric we use to measure potential investment ideas.
- We are not limited by geography. The ideas we list are both US based as well as from other countries. The tickers are however US market based.
- Although the primary focus of this site is common stocks, occasionally we will post about closed end funds (CEFs) and individual bonds.
An unrelated pitch. If you have a high school student under your roof who could benefit from a good teenage resume builder